John R. Jr. Folkerth
ATTORNEY AT LAW
- General Business and Employment Litigation
- Employment Contracts
- Employee Compensation
- Non-Disclosure/Non-Compete and Separation Agreements
- Employment Policies and Handbooks
- Wrongful Termination
- Employee Benefits
- Sexual Harassment
- Other Civil Rights Litigation
Mr. Folkerth manages the Labor and Employment Law Group at Folkerth + Routh LLC. Mr. Folkerth is certified by the Ohio State Bar Association as an employment law specialist, and has been listed by Super Lawyers as a top rated Ohio employment law attorney. Mr. Folkerth represents businesses and individuals in the private sector, public sector, and federal sector involving employment related matters.
Mr. Folkerth’s practice areas include general business and employment litigation, employment contracts, employee compensation, non-disclosure/non-compete and separation agreements, employment policies and handbooks, wrongful termination, FMLA, whistleblowing, employee benefits, non-disclosure/non-compete, discrimination, retaliation, sexual harassment and other civil rights litigation. Mr. Folkerth is admitted to the Ohio bar, the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, and the United States Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit. Mr. Folkerth has substantial trial experience in Federal and state court, and has practiced before the Ohio Court of Claims, the Ohio Civil Rights Commission, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Department of Labor, the Merit Systems Protection Board, the Disciplinary Appeals Board, the Office of Special Counsel, and the Ohio Unemployment Compensation Review Commission. John R. Folkerth, Jr. was born and raised in Dayton, Ohio. Mr. Folkerth received B.A. degrees in history and philosophy from Marion College in Indianapolis, Indiana, and received his J.D. degree from the University of Dayton.
- University of Dayton School of Law, Dayton, Ohio
- Marion College, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Major: History
- Major: Philosophy
- Ohio, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- Top rated Ohio Employment Law Attorney, Super Lawyers
- The American Registry
- Weaver Bros. Inc.
- Production Design Services, Inc.
- RFLSHOP dba SHOPSMITH
- A.M. Leonard, Inc.
- Chernesky, Heyman & Kress, Associate, 1994 to 1996
- Ohio State bar Association
- Dayton Bar Association
Certified Legal Specialties
- Employment Law Specialist, Ohio State Bar Association
Current Employment Position